In 2005, after a number of members left to start the Seedpod Co-op in Dorchester, the house dropped it’s legal status and began functioning as an informal cooperative living arrangement or intentional community. In 2008, the remaining floor joined the co-op, and until summer of 2016 the co-op managed the entire house, with about 11-12 members.
We value local community, social justice, diversity, and environmental sustainability, and we try to make choices in what we buy, eat, and do that reflect these values. We make decisions by consensus and place an emphasis on open communication. We also engage in random projects, art, music, politics, events and discussions.
Membership includes chore sharing, cooking and attending weekly house meetings. We share house food, eat two vegetarian dinners together per week, host a monthly community potluck brunch, buy food in bulk, get CSA produce, grow vegetables, and participate in local community events together.
About the house
The new house is:
- 2 story house, 6 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms
- 7 min walk to Ashmont T Stop
- 10 min walk to Neponset River Reservation
- A shared kitchen, dining room, & living room
- Wireless internet, washer and dryer
- Off-street parking for cars and bikes
- Lovely backyard and raised bed garden